Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you the best and most useful content and services. Several of the services that we offer on this site require you to provide us with information as a condition of usage. These include access to subscription-only areas, the ability to post opinions or other content, subscriptions to email newsletters and participation in message boards.
We may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number and credit card information when you provide it to us. From time to time, we may also collect other sensitive information such as your job title, gender, username and password. Once you register with our site you are no longer anonymous to us.
Your Internet browser has a feature called cookies, which stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our site. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit this site, although active participation in certain areas of our sites may require cookies. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information, in which case we use the information to enhance your services in the ways described below. By adjusting your settings on your browser, you may elect not to allow cookies to be collected
- Keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertisers’ or partners’ sites;
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Web-site and advertisement usage;
- Determining which features our overall user population likes best.
We allow other companies that are presenting advertisements on this site and, sometimes, in our newsletters to use tracking technology on your computer. We do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship. Unless you visit the Web site of these companies and provide them with personally identifiable information about yourself, these tracking technologies tell those advertisers nothing about who you are. Our advertisers use of tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies.
We use the information we gather for four general purposes:
- To customize the advertising and the content you see.
- To enhance the user experience in this site. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in paid services, and message boards.
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- You have elected to allow us to share that information at the time that you registered with us or provided us the information, or through a subsequent affirmative election through our website. When required by law, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
We aggregate personally identifiable information, however we do not disclose such information to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
Users who opt in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription-management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us.
Any modifications to our privacy practices will be reflected first within this area of the Web site. If there is a material change in our privacy practices, we will indicate on our site that our privacy practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy statement. If we are going to be using the information collected from users in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will send affected users written notice of the change by e-mail.
This site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate this site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age.
Questions regarding this privacy statement or any other aspect of this of Web site should be sent via e-mail. We read every message submitted and try to reply promptly to every one. We may also file your comments to improve the site, or review and discard the information.